An active shooter stalked the campus of Michigan State Monday night. The situation is still developing but here is what we know at the moment:
10:55 a.m. est
- At 8:31 p.m. students were alerted to the presence of an active shooter and told to “run, hide, fight.”
- The gunman was confirmed to have fired shots at Berkey Hall and the MSU Union.
- 3 people were killed and 5 were critically injured.
- The suspected gunman was 43-year-old, Anthony McRae, Rozman.
- McRae was found off campus and appeared to have died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- The gunman does not have any apparent connections to Michigan State and there is currently no known motive.
- The Michigan State athletic department has canceled all athletic events for 48 hours following the shooting.
EdLeak will update this page in the event of more developments.